Thursday, April 21, 2011
Wow, I got a lot done in a short period of time. Once again, I have tweaked my introduction and task. While this created additional work for me, it was well worth it. I'm feeling much more confident about each step of the WebQuest now. I have a very detailed Process writen out and created new organizational charts to correlate with it. I have also been building the actual Web site. I discovered that TeacherWeb has some WQ templates, similar to Quest Garden. Since I already have an account with them, that is what I am using. This way I'm not worried about signing up for a free trial period and having it expire. I would love my WQ to be out there for others, as well as myself, to use. However, I am curious as to possible disadvantages from using a WQ template as opposed to creating one from scratch. If anyone has feedback on that I would love to hear it. My lightbulb moment this week was when I actually pulled out the Rubric and begun comparing it to what I was designing. It struck me as crazy because I LOVE rubrics, both as a student and a teacher, and yet that had slipped my mind. I know the next three days are going to be busy for me but I hope to complete my WQ by Tuesday. I still need to create an online collaborative worksheet for students and find a few more kid friendly sites. I hope to pilot it with a group of students on Wednesday. I don't expect them to actually complete it because that would take multiple sessions but I would like them to read through the procedures and ask questions, as well as, read through the sites to record the information I am asking for. This will ensure that the sites are appropriate and provide me with an apporximate time that it will take to complete the research process. Let's hope it all goes according to my plan!